Ugh! So, you have decided that you want a hardtop, but when you went to buy one, you were presented with a whole bunch of different sizes at different price points.
Here’s a quick guide on deciding which size is right for you – don’t buy a hardtop gazebo until you read this!
Hardtop Grilling Gazebos
Grilling gazebos are tiny. The area inside of them is usually under 100 feet, which is practically nothing. You will struggle to fit more than one chair inside.
But if someone is standing over a grill, that amount of size is perfect. It’s not so big that it takes up a huge portion of your patio, but it’s not so small that the person grilling is getting too hot.
10’ x 10’ or 10’ x 12’ Gazebos
These are considered small hardtop gazebos. While they’re small, they can hold some furniture comfortably. Most commonly, you can put up a quick dining room set (a couple of chairs and a table), or, you can use the space for lounging with a chair or two plus a couch.
For most, this size is fine, especially if you don’t have kids or host events. If you do, continue on…
12’ x 14’ and 12’ x 16’ Gazebos
These gazebos are HUGE! And they’re usually more expensive and a bit more difficult to set up. That being said, though, the space is awesome.
- You can fit both a dining set and a lounge area.
- You can decorate the gazebo without sacraficing room.
- On most, you can even hang up pots and flowers.
If a lot of people are going to be inside your gazebo, you want either 12’ x 14’ or 12’ x 16’ – PERIOD! If you get a smaller one, you might regret it down the line.
- Grilling hardtop gazebos are good for anyone who just needs to protect the person grilling from sun exposure and excessive heat.
- Small gazebos are good for couples or families who won’t be hosting a lot of events.
- Big hardtop gazebos are fantastic for larger families or people who want to use their gazebos as party spots.
See? Not too hard. Go here to check out all of the gazebos in these size ranges on our homepage.